Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: KNOW ONE WILL EVER KNOW WHERE WE CAME FROM

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön/">Tön on February 19, 1999 11:22:53 UTC

: I had a huge agrguement today with my boyfriend on the : origin of the world. He believes in the bigbang theory. : I said I wasn't sure. We ended up fighting over different : things like whether there is a God or not. I don't : believe that God is a person. I beleive in the spirit of : God. It is this that brings some form of orginisation : to the world. It gives people a meaningless reason to : live. Something that makes people feel as though they : have a perpose on the earth. As for his theory on the : origin of the Earth. I don't think that anyone will ever : know how the Earth came to be. THERE IS NO 100% PROOF. : THERE ARE JUST VERY BELIEVABLE THEORIES. I'm not saying that : he's wrong. But I'm not saying that he's right either. : The possiblities on how Earth came to be are endless. Life : didn't just appear. When I asked other people at school : they said life began with one atom or molecule. Well that : one molecule or atom had to come from somewhere. : Gee, for all we know our entire universe could be a tiny : scientific experiment being done by a race of super intellegent : giants. We could just be someone's little experimentation. : Creating life inside of a peetrie dish.

_____

Yes, indeed. Life is a mystery that cannot be solve but a mystery to be lived. Whatever conclusion you may come up with...dive in it's blissful embrace.

Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins