Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sure

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by H on February 17, 1999 11:04:40 UTC

: Checks and balances, the cycles of time and history. Goverments are not insulated from this factor. Whatever seems logical and sensible now are usually countered by something else eventually. Just look at history. Just look at time. If you think a country will stay with one system forever, think again. Even if it stays with a system for a millenium or more, surely enough, it will change. It's always a matter of time. Remember how I used the 2LOTD as a representation of a universal truth that applies to every facet of the universe, even man's daily toils. The variences regardless of size or intensity pull on each other like the cycle of history, the fall and rising of empires, the goodness and ills of goverment/religious philosophies and ideolology. Your choices, as individualistic as they may seem, are still dictated by "cycles" of the variences. You are merely a part of the process of the reactions of the interaction of the dualities. Do and believe what ever you think is right because I am damn sure that someone out there will be counter of you.

: Tön

A country will stay with one system forever, never. I never said that. In fact, a country won't even exist forever. Just look at history, just look at time. However, when coming up with an economic sytstem based on today's technology and using today's countries as case study's, obviously certain systems have brought more utility than others. Will other people be counter of me? Of course, plenty of them. In fact, I belief from what I've read so far that "phil.o.sofir" wants no capitalism in this hypothetical system. But the bottom line is, there would have to be some economic system, but how do we choose which one when people dissagree? Democracy is one way of adapting it with each person having equal votes. Educated debate, a willingness to work together, and a final decision made by the masses seems one peaceful way to do things. Obviously there will be people pushing for dictatorships, caste systems, royal families, and other forms of government we have seen through out history and time. Of course I am nothing more than a bilogical process and my toughts are all based on mere reactions in the brain. So now I'm supposed to have no opinion on economics and politics?

H

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins