Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: God Is Belief

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 27, 2000 13:18:05 UTC

I agree that it may not matter whether we believe or not. But it does appear that our actions have some bearingon what the supernatural forces can accomplish.

For example, Mother Mary promised that if enough people say the rasary every day, then she will convert Russia. I think that came from the Fatima prophecies.

It sounds like she could do it if she wanted and just did it, for I think it`s already come true, as a reward for devotion.

However, my intuitive feeling is that she needed the supernatural energy generated by all the mantras- the Rosary is the western equivalent of a mantra- in order to bring about the conversion. So it`s a two-way street in my opinion. Our devotion, however expressed gives them the power to control our lives and with sufficient numbers, to control the world.

Presumably by feeding spiritual energy into the supernatural all our lives, we ultimately get to experience the supernatural with benovelence after we pass away.

It follows that there is work to be done on the other side, most likely involving the destiny of this Earth. So if we are successful, we probably just pass from one job in the natural world to another in the supernatural world.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins