Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Accountability

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Steve Fejes on July 22, 2000 16:20:56 UTC

Are we to be equally accountable to all things? How am I to know what a tomato plant wants from me? Is it wrong to eat a plant to keep myself alive?

If God has given us stewardship over His creation, then we are accountable to Him for how we take care of His creation. We have the responibility to make wise choices about how to manage the resources and how to interact with living things.

According to the Bible, man is much more valuable to God than any other aspect of creation. A bird does not have an eternal soul which will be judged based on its obedience or disobedience to God. Man does, and this makes us accountable in a special way.

Is truth more important to you than your own comfort or your own will? Truth is absolute even though I only understand in part.

Jesus said, "If you continue in My word, then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins