Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Brzd Special Continued

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on July 5, 2000 18:16:34 UTC

Let me preface my response by stating that I am not dogmatic regarding my theory. Indeed, it is my belief, that all the mental contructs that deal with the issue of Creation are, to at least some degree, in vain. Simply put, there is a limit to what we can know. I think brother Lake addressed this issue in his signal/noise treatise. I submit that the what we are able to percieve of the universe, from our space/time perspective, began with, or perhaps more precisely, is a consequence of sin. I feel confident that conciousness preceded the universe. The alternative is abject materialism. The issue is, whose conciousness. You suggested that conciousness is a function of unified field theory; I would disagree. Conciousness [The Word] became manifest [or created, it doesn`t really matter] as UF the instant prior to Creation. Again, the alternative, conciousness as function of UF, is materialism; as this makes conciousness a result of material law. I might point out that the existence of other universes is purely speculative. They exist mostly as a means of increasing the probabilistic resources for those that philosophically reject the implications of the anthropic principle. I am afraid our respective theories diverge with your making Adam and Eve out as gods. Whether or not their creation and the universe overlapped, from our space/time perspective, is peripheral to the issue. The issue is Christ Crucified, and whether or not you accept Him as the Word. That stode before Time, and will stand after Time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins