Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Talking About GOD

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on June 14, 2000 18:16:59 UTC

There is going to be [some would say there already is] a great apostasy in the latter days. That is, a spiritual movement away from the worship of the True God, and towards a global religion that would encompass all the worlds religions. Though this seems reasonable on the surface, it is, at it`s essence, only the latest ploy by "the deceiver" to lay a stumbling block at our feet. In case you haven`t noticed there is a spiritual awakening going on through-out the world. I would venture to say, that there are more religions at this point in time, than at any other time in human history. These run the proverbial gamut, from the traditional Judeo-Christian, [with it`s seemingly endless number of sects] to Hinduism, Eastern philosophy, Islam, New Age cults, satan worshipers [for the life of me, I will never be able to figure that one out] Branch Davidians, those poor decieved buggers who thought the Hale-Bopp comet was a space-ship, etc. etc. I guess my point is, that the Bible addresses this issue rather succinctly; Adam [the first man] had a clear idea of what and who, God was. He literally, walked with God. Then with the entrance of sin into the world, and it`s spiritual and material ramifications [see 2nd Law of thermodynamics], then is it any wander that, in the words of Mr. Lake, the message [over time] has been corrupted. To put it simply, Adam, at the start, was a dedicated monotheist. By the time you get to our current point in history, you have a veritable proliferation of religions with their sundry assortment of lower-case gods. According to the Bible, this sorry state of affairs owes it`s existence solely to the entrance of sin [think noise, or corruption] to the world [creation] by the decesion of one man, to rebel against God. Are you rebelling?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins