Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's Evident

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on January 30, 2006 02:03:27 UTC

through the subtle messages castagated about by the leaders and the followers of the various belief systems as well as the strife and blood shed. the subtle messages seem tainted with pride and hate. i suspect the pride and hate shrouds something primievel such as preditorial instincts that are left unleashed by unbridaled maliciousness of spirit. it would seem the reasonable dogma that exists in the various religions would temper such behaviors through the intellect of the participants but it doesn't.
i could never see any sense in the way communist Russia clamped down on religion and declared a Godless state until i realized the degree of religious strife that underlay the regions of the Soviet Unions domain. i'm not saying i agree with the Soviets measures, just that i can understand something of what was going on there.
it seems as if the underpinnings of so many wars and civil strife points directly at religion.
personaly i've grown to disdane all the religions because of it, and yet my meager intellect embraces much of the dogma.
best regards,
tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins