Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'll Complete The Circle And Claim You're 180 Degrees Off

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Hilbert Space on November 3, 2004 01:26:57 UTC

Duane,
You said: No, we are a reflection of His mind.

Not to belabor a point, but if I am a reflection of God's mind, then what does it say about His mind if I don't believe in His existence?

You said: I do not believe in evolution of life because it does not fit the Bible account or scientific research.
Actually the Bible account predicts degeneration or de-eveloution which does agree with scientific research.

This is what irks me most, when a scientific principle (like the 2nd law of thermodynamics, referring to a system's total entropy) is misused to fit the creationist's argument.

Earth and the life upon it are not a closed system -- solar energy in part drives the system.

Furthermore, in any nontrivial system with energy driving the system, we will see --ubiquitously -- elements of order arising from disorder throughout the system. Hence snowflakes, lightning, crystals and living cells -- none of which require an intelligent program to achieve that order.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins