Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.OSofir on June 8, 2000 00:08:58 UTC

Actually, the life, crucifiction, resurection and ascension are all supposed to be the proof given by God, the Bible is full of "proofs" that could not be otherwise rationally explained then. Thus, to believe purely by faith is not strictly what was asked for, things occured and were proposed to be signs of gods communication and were put forth as the proofs necissary for the faith to have basis, kind of an incentive type concept.
The miracles are still widespread, but any religious authority I know of refuses to authenticate miricals anymore, unless no other explanation can be given scientifically of course.
I use the assumption that it is all untrue, and am open to any new and convincing evidence.
The free will issue is a post biblical explanation of "gods" reasoning as far as I can tell, so I do not accept that as a point for any discussion on the concept of acceptance or hell.
But if it all turns out to be true, afterlife...
you will be very prepared for the position of good power you seek, good luck!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins