Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: RE:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on June 8, 2000 14:47:18 UTC

It is not that I have no feeling that life has no purpose, or that all is for naught. But destiny is to a large extent up to the individual, much like any other natural process of events, the ebb and flow of tides sculpting the coasts, natural selection dictating the current states of ecosystems, species. It is all connected, the environment and life, our awareness is worth any price I could pay, I am fantasticly lucky to have existed, the chain of unbroken events leading to any form of life here today is unbelievably long.
I do wish to contiue on indefinitely, but we do not currently have these capabilities. Also, if there is some afterlife for the awareness, it is surely nothing like what has been proposed, and I doubt it could be comprehended until it is experianced, and need not be dwelt upon in this life, it would be an automatic metomorphisis.
The biggest difficulty I have found is not the need for some outside director of my purpose, but those who wish to play that role when it is not wanted, who believe themselves judges assigned by the ultimate power, ensuring thier success.
These pressures to succumb to thier version of reality, a constant pressuring toward acceptance and submission, thier defifinition of good/bad.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins