Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Opinion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jnan R. Saha on October 5, 2004 00:45:33 UTC

Even though I wrote about Vedic scripters, I am not that religious. I believe that Vedic scripters were written by very intelligent human being(s). Whatever the Christians believe its their business. We who are followers of Vedic scripters are not Compelled to believe in anything and allowed to question about everything. We also believe if a human being having 16 characteristics are considered as Avatars(incarnation) of God. We still call Lord Budha, Lord Jarasutra, Lord Mahavir Jain. Politics entered in religion around 150 years BC during the time of Asoka the great Emperor of India who installed Budhism as state religion and because of his direct or indirect influence countries like Japan, China , Srilanka, Thailand and many other countries embraced Budhism. Tibet was under Indian rule. Beliefs of Budhism, Joroastrianism are not incompatible with Vedic teachings. Asokas grandson Ajatashatru was a vedic scholar. He did not like that only one line of its teachings were being taught in the country. When he became Emperor of India, he proscribed the Budhism as religion and declared any body practising Budhism would be beheaded. Budhism disappeared from India, remained only in remote tribal areas. By that time Indian influence were lost on other countries. Even though Budhism was born and flourished in India, only about 1% of the population are Budhists. If politics did not enter religion, may be Jesus would be considered as Avatar.
The main thing I like about Vedic techings, it believes all religions are same and if practised would have the same goal. It also teaches tolerance and non-violence. It is also not mono lithic. Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life. Its followers have more beliefs than the beliefs of branches of all other religions combined on earth. Yet there is no religious strife among Hindus. Even in the same household members may have different beliefs. I will post more in later days.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins