Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Let Me Justify Myself A Bit...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on November 18, 2003 23:50:42 UTC

Hey Aurino, sorry if my response made you feel guilty, but at least you returned the favor. Let me try to explain how I feel about this.

When I said that Kyle has written a lot of great posts, I wasn't characterizing you as a jackass. I seem to recall on a lot of occasions reading great posts from you and being perfectly vocal about it. I'm just taking issue with the way you deal with irritants.

The difference is, Kyle is being sarcastic with you and having some fun. In a matter of hours he could easily be back to friendly debate. You have a tendency to hold long grudges. I see no double standard here on my part.

You're just way too easy to infuriate... little rivalries on this board develop from time to time, and insults fly, but no-one else really "writes-off" anyone as beyond hope, at least not under extreme circumstances. People that I used to not like all that much often come back and surprise me with interesting, insightful thoughts (i.e. Mike) Blocking someone is never something that even entered my mind at any point when arguing with Aaron or Mike no matter how mad I got, it's just something that strikes me as petulant and unfair. If you don't like Kyle, fair's fair, but if you're here to talk and debate then why cut someone out entirely? Particularly when they write interesting posts.

So I think the "double standard" you refer to is only in your head.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins