Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Will Have To Try A Bit Harder

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on November 19, 2003 14:57:47 UTC

The difference is, Kyle is being sarcastic with you and having some fun.

I know that, it's obvious he's not being sincere. But I don't like his brand of humour, and even though I engaged in a similar thing with Mike, I thought it was awful and I don't plan to do it again. It's too childish.

As for Kyle, despite his ability to drop jargon faster than I drop insults, to me he's clearly not a very intelligent man. I can't remember, for instance, how many times I was insulted by Dick or infuriated by Harv, not to mention yourself, but that doesn't really affect my opinion of these people, because I see substance in much of what they write. As to Kyle, all I see is pompous fluff. I'm sorry I feel that way, but I just can't help it. I'm not new to these forums and I've had my share of dealing with people like him. It's not worth it.

You have a tendency to hold long grudges.

If I held grudges you wouldn't see me talking to Harv, or even yourself. This is not about grudges, it's about my respect for a person's intelligence.

I see no double standard here on my part

I'm inclined to believe you, but I still can't make sense of these little facts:

- Yanniru has hidden Mike
- Harv has hidden Alan
- Dick has hidden Mike and Harv

Why didn't you tell these people to grow the hell up? Why were you upset with me and not with them?

That's all I want to understand. I'm sure you have your reasons.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins