Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God Has No Face - Only His Creatures Do

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on November 11, 2003 14:41:58 UTC

Do you recall your experience of life as a newborn baby? How can someone, say with an alleged blank in recall, claim that people are not born with an awareness of God?

That is nonsense, Alan. You may be aware of many things when you are born - I have no problem with that - but no one is born with a knowledge of English. If you don't speak English, the word "God" means absolutely nothing to you. And if you never learn that there is a word such as "God", you would never feel the need to use the word in any discussion.

I have recall from when I was a newborn baby and I WAS/AM aware of awareness that fits the Christian idea of God

That proves absolutely nothing about absolutely anything.

As a newborn baby, objects around me seemed to be offered to me

You mean, like baby bottles, pacifiers, and spoons filled with soup? Yeah, I remember that too.

But "God" is not a matter for accountants to add up; is more than any countable phenomena...

Yet here you are, trying to count phenomena supposedly related to God.

"Only God is good" suggests that we are talking about "beyond number", so beyond that ....freedom comes to mind....eternal life, mutual consciousness, creation, the edge.... beyond the reach of adjectives......

It's quite funny that you seem to have a problem with mathematics. If you believe in God, then that's your number 1. If you believe you are not God, then that's number 2. If you believe you are reading a post from a person who's neither you nor God, that's number 3. Exactly what could possibly be wrong with that?

I know a condition when numbers cease to exist: it's when a man looses his mind. To argue that God created a Universe where numbers don't make sense is to see God as a madman. Not healthy to say the least...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins