Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SMART GUYS???????

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön on May 9, 2000 17:58:48 UTC

One word, balance. One does not control the other. They exists in mutuality. Good and evil. Squint long enough they look grey. It all depends on from what position you view it from. Reality is relative. Focus on one then it is surely yours for the moment.

Satan. I recall a story on his origins. I think the original Sumerian name was "She`tan". There is still a temple in Iraq near the border of Iran in existence. From what I gather, She`tan is one of the ancient deities, like Hades, to whom the ancient believed ruled the underworld and had the upper hand over life (note: I did not use the word evil). How he evolved as the Satan we know now is only a matter of history.

The use of good against evil and vice versa, unfortunately has been conveniently used to suite one`s interest. I don`t have to explain examples on this phenomenon just look at current and ancient history.

Some of us would view the interaction between good and evil as a part of the cycle that generates entrophy (time, existence or non-existence or whatever works for you). It is the result of the changes in the variences of temperature, hot and cold (or represent or symbolize that with anything you wish), or the second law of thermodynamics. In the Tao Teh Ching, the Yin and Yang. You cannot destroy one or the other but only harness them like energy. Remember the law of energy? Energy cannot be destroyed but can be changed from one form to another.

Until we unlearn the myths we have smothered our lives with, we cannot truly be ourselves. The Satans, Saints and Gods distract us from truly evolving to our full potential as sentient ,accountable and intelligent organisms. Do we live our myths?? What myth are you living now? And if so, who really is it?

Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins