Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: If You Don`t Believe In Totality Nor Microscopic Limitations...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on May 12, 2000 17:30:09 UTC

I am currently working on that, I have no stable belief system, but do have the rough outline.
I believe life is a function of the universe.
I believe there is no begining nor end, and that even if the pulsating universe is a correct theory, it is not all inclusive.
I believe that space has no borders, and is not a part of the pulsating nature of sections of the matter within it.
I believe there is no controling force other than those considered to be natural (laws), even if we discover superior technologically advanced beings.
I believe that I won the lottery when I was born, as we all did, the opportunity to live on this planet with our level of awareness is treasure.
I believe that all things are natural, no matter how far developed or processed, thus there is no true good or bad, but that this idea is dependent upon how they affect other entities, the relationship effect is the deciding factor.
I believe that once you die, and stay dead, your awareness disapears, and is no longer.
I believe that one day, man will find ways to make himself immortal (nearly anyway), or at least be able to preserve the personality in a manner that allows the awareness to continue to operate without our natural body.
I am thankful to the universe, that I have lived.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins