Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Born Agains Believe What?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joseph on November 4, 2003 21:37:24 UTC

No, they believe all who do not believe in Jesus as the son of God, etc., will go to hell. They don't necessarily believe other Christians will go to hell.

Your 99% stat. is incorrect. Still though, there are some who do believe this. Jehova's Witness, for example, only believe some 144000 will be "saved".

You have an interesting mix of beliefs. For example, you refer to Jesus as the Christ, but consider yourself a Jew.

You proclaim:

"The only condition on ALL men is that each loves his life, so they will die and bear fruit. Otherwise they are condemned to live their hated life forever, in hell I presume. But actually I think they are just given a new life to try again."

but I don't see any relationship between loving your own life and "bearing fruit," or I assume you mean "contributing some good." Most people love their own life. This is nothing special. In fact, I think quite the opposite. Loving your own life too much can lead to selfishness.

I don't even know where this "wisdom" comes from. You "think they are just given a new life to try again." Yes, you may be Jewish by birth, but you don't seem to be very Jewish in beliefs.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins