Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Christian By Birth

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 5, 2003 01:13:32 UTC

I converted to Judaism after attending a bible study group at work for about two years. I kept getting kicked out for my thinking but then invited back in after things became too boring. That study convinced me that I should become a jew like Jesus.

You see when in college I was still a christian. But I befriended a priest who claimed that I really did not believe, that I was really an atheist. That I was in fact as my science studies convinced me that there was no possibility of an afterlife. So for about 10 years I practiced atheism.

But then I got a serious case of sciatica after running about twenty marathons. No doctor or trainer could alleviate the pain, let alone cure the injury, until I finally went to the US father of Zen Macrobiotics. He changed my diet to the brown rice thing and in two days my pain disappeared, only to reappear every time I ate the wrong foods, like beer, coffee, fruit, ice cream, etc. It finally took 6 months to cure the injury.

But my experience with what different foods did to my body was so remarkable that I began radings in the philosophy belind the diet, which was more like Chinese medicine and Yin-Yang theory than Buddhism. So for a few years I just followed my nose reading all kinds of spiritual literture. That's when I joined the bib;le class.

Astral projection is what really dented my atheistic thinking. If that is true, then a supernatural must exist. I also married a jewish girl during this time. So when I decided to become a believer again, it was natural to become a jew. Coming from atheism, the first approximation is that either all religions are true or all are bogus.

I eventually joined and was kicked out of almost all religions- the stroy of my life- except Islam. I never could figure out how to practice Islam. So in the end I just invented my own religion based on a set of mantras that seem to include all other religions and on science. Here is a link to a physics paper I presented at Quantum Mind 2003 on consciousness that presents a model of the supernatural. So my religion combines science and religion.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/arthunters/darkmatter2.html

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins