Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"Trust Your Heart" Words Of A Fool!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joseph on October 31, 2003 01:27:14 UTC

I enjoyed much of what you wrote, but much of it is rather sophomoric.

Bible: For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
You said:****No formulas like believing Jesus died for our sins here. All who seek find. We all benefit from his death whether or not we believe. There is no condition to being drawn by Jesus except to love your life****

Have you not read, “I am the way, the truth, and the light, and none will enter into the kingdom except through me” There are many passages similar; many suggesting, in fact, Jesus did die for our sins. No, you won't find formula though, if that is what you are hoping for.

You said: Jesus did not say the bible was perfect. He affirmed this by saying that the law was not perfect as he made changes to it.

Wow! Where did you get that scripture from? In fact Jesus did say:

Bible Says: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

Yes, it is quite clear Jesus thought the bible (Hebrew Scriptures) perfect.

You said:****Jesus did not say the bible was perfect. He affirmed this by saying that the law was not perfect as he made changes to it. He reformed the law. That last verse is such a reform.**** [referring to: [12] So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets.]

Your so silly! Jesus did not “reform” the law, he explained it! This last verse is in the Law!

You say, “Trust your heart”

Bible says: Proverbs 28:26: He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins