Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Part You Can See ? Or The Whole Thing ?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 28, 2003 21:42:40 UTC

RE:>> * Isaiah40:[22] … This scripture does not say the earth is flat. *
No kidding ? Sorry. I was stating the “science” position sarcastically and it threw you coming out of the blue. ( Or is it black here in Astronomy.net )
Well, this was meant to prompt you to recall the science that said this Bible was wrong 500 years ago when the earth was flat according to science.
( Whenever I say :Science” standalone, I hope you know we really mean what man has been able to learn and retain of God’s Science.)

RE:>> * The fossil record is clear on when certain species lived from millions of years ago. *
You mean “according to science” today ?
By the way, my Bible agrees with you on this.

RE:>> * There is a clear record of the immediate forerunners of homosapiens and where they came from and migrated to. The argument of no intermediate species in the fossil record is a well known creationists ruse. We do have a record of intermediate species, especially the species close to homo sapiens. *
You went from “clear record” to “record”. Now for the truth – “no factual record”.

RE:>> * The creationists are just plain wrong. They prefer to believe in a book than in their hearts. * Personal attacks when the science backs it up looks bad, right ?

RE:>> * You seem to be suffering from the same problem. Saying that that scripture, Is 40:22 is a statement from God that the world is flat is a gross misinterpretation. Do you really think it's flat? *
Sorry. Again, this was sarcasm in my post.
I’ll try harder to maintain distance from sarcastic idioms in the future.

RE:>> * How could your heart possibly delude you so much. You must be listening to outside influences. Either that or you have not really connected to god and are only guided by what you read and what you hear. *
Do you really think I believe the Bible says the earth is flat ?

RE:>> * The evolution debate is not really the key to understanding creation. God still was involved in the creation of man. He just did it in the most energy efficient way. He took billions of years to get to life and then millions of years to create man. *
Yes. God is short on energy, I suppose.

RE:>> * So I cannot let you sneak up on me whether you are ready or not. The key question in understanding the Torah is how old is the universe, thousands of years or billions of years. Since this is an astronomy forum, I can use astronomy to prove to you that it is billions of years old. Lets start at the foundation. Then we can address the super structure of evolution. *
I did not say how old the universe is.
Why do you presume me to be like some other person you have met ?
Is a fundamentalist cut with a cookie cutter ?
My manufacturer says He made each one different. What did yours say ?

RE:>> Let's do it now, before you run out of time.
Do what ?

Eric

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins