Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have To See The Scripture

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 28, 2003 01:37:40 UTC

Romans8:[5] For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
[6] To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
[7] For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, indeed it cannot;
[8] and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9]
But you are not in the flesh, you are in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Any one who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

**** I do believe this is the case where you, that is YOU, are concerned****

Proverbs3:
[5] Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.
[6] In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

****Here I have a problem for what is more accurate than your insight which is guided by the Holy Spirit. Where else can you find truth if not in your heart. The bible can be a guide. Your minister or priest can be a guide. But all other means to trust god rely on intermediaries. Only your heart, and I mean specifically YOUR heart has the direct connection.****

Rom.6
[1]
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?
[2] By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?
[3] Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
[4] We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
[6] We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the sinful body might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin.
[7] For he who has died is freed from sin.
[8] But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him.
[9] For we know that Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.
[10] The death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.
[11] So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

*******My problem here is that Jesus was born of flesh, perhaps not for the first or the last time. Jesus may come again soon or in thousands of years, and be born and then die just like before. Death never had dominion over him. The facts are just wrong.

I believe that even if we get salvation and the right to stay in heaven, we may elect to come again on earth for specific functions or to solve particular problems. Perhaps that is the case with you.

So that does not make us so different from Christ except he came from a much higher level. In other religions Christlike persons are called avatars and on the order of ten have come so far over a few million years. Jesus is considered an avatar in Hinduism for example. In both Hinduism and Judaiaism, all religions are considered valid paths to God. As you know that is my belief, but not my faith. My faith is the religion I found in my heart*****

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins