Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Oh?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on October 26, 2003 22:12:19 UTC

You said:
It states that Moses allowed Israel to divorce. It says nothing about God allowing it (for if God allowed it then Jesus would have said so).

Jesus did not quote the whole passage, he left some out.
Perhaps he figured we could read it for ourselves.
Omission is not counter diction.

If I follow this thought process no matter where Jesus stopped quoting you could say the next sentence was omitted therefore Jesus disagrees with it.

It would seem you are willing to sacrifice integrity to achieve a desired conclusion.
Who is being dishonest?

You said:
I can't help but think that you wish to water down Jesus' statement in Matthew.

So because I refuse to flatten Jesus personality to love alone I will not do His love justice?
Even your personality has more depth then that.
You are turning God into a cardboard dummy?
When you are finished castrating Jesus’s personality to the point that you can feel comfortable with Him, will you be happy with the God you have created?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins