Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Wealth Of Gospel Scripture

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 21, 2003 19:47:33 UTC

says that you get the Holy Spirit when you forgive people who have sinned against you.

Here I am assuming that to get all your sins forgiven is equivalent to receiving the Holy Spirit.

Now "anybody" can forgive those who have persecuted them, or hurt them, or are otherwise their enemies. They do not have to be Christians.

In fact, I bet that even though Christians are told to forgive their enemies, because the number of Christians in the world is so small, I bet that far more non-Christians have their sins forgiven than Christians.

Look at the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust. They were criticized for not putting up more of a fight when delivered to the gas chambers, etc. Well, they were peaceful because most of them, Eastern orthodox Jews, were so pious that they forgave their killers.

I doubt if many Christians have had such an opportunity. For 300 years after AD, some Christians had that opportunity. But there were very few Christians in the world before 300AD.

After that there were a great many Christians, but for the next 1700 years they killed Jews, not the other way around.

So that is why the 100,000 in Revelations at the foot of god are Jewish. They have been given the best opportunity of all peoples to forgive their persecutors, who were largely Christian, but now are Muslim.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins