Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
7:11 The Lucky Scripture

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 29, 2003 16:04:49 UTC

***Again let's look at the whole passage:

Matt.7
[1]
"Judge not, that you be not judged.

***Eric judges that most of us will go to hell. Too bad for Eric if this verse is true***

[2] For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.
[3] Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

***Right on. Get that log out Eric***

[4] Or how can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?
[5] You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
[6] "Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you.

****So with this passage even if you are correct, you are throwing pearls to us swine. You can't win either way****

[7] "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

***That is, ask for yourself. Do not tell others to ask***

[8] For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

****No formulas like believing Jesus died for our sins here. All who seek find. We all benefit from his death whether or not we believe. There is no condition to being drawn by Jesus except to love your life****

[9] Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?
[10] Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?
[11] If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

***If this verse clears up your beliefs, then I must conclude that you think you are evil. Therefore you do not love your life. And therefore you will not be drawn by Jesus to him. You do not really think your are evil do you? Though I have heard many fundamentalists say that they hate their sins***

[12] So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets.

****Again Jesus is upholding the law rather than saying it is a curse as Paul does. The curse is on Paul and all that follow him rather than Jesus. It is your choice to follow what Jesus says. I know you want to. You have just been misled by a false prophet named Paul. Jesus said they would come. He may even have arranged it himself to provide for a false prophet as a test for people like yourself who are looking for an easy formula to get salvation when Jesus has given you the formula over and over. Just love god, love others, including your enemy, and love yourself. What could be easier than that****

I pray you hear these words with your heart.

Jesus did not say the bible was perfect. He affirmed this by saying that the law was not perfect as he made changes to it. He reformed the law. That last verse is such a reform.

And where would be the most effective place for a false prophet to put his words- in the bible of course. There is also false cosmology in the bible. The bible is not perfect.

Trust your heart, not a book, first written in Greek, a translation from the original Aromaic, and then translated into English.

Do not trust in Paul. My heart tells me he is a false prophet. His scripture proves it to me. Where Jesus upheld the law, Paul calls it a curse.

All my love,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins