Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Correct

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 30, 2003 16:45:30 UTC

Entanglement has been proven to not transfer information. But you see that is beside the point. What I find disingenious about Bruce is that he twisted the EPR experiment and physics into a question about information.

Einstein invented this thought experiment to prove that quantum mechanics could not be correct because it implied action at a distance, not transfer of information at a distance.

The Aspect experiment and others that followed proved that action at a distance exists and that quantum mechanics is correct.

It does not really disprove relativity. It just says that some things are not covered by relativity, like entanglment.

But we already knew that quantum mechanics is outside the scope of relativity.

So bottomline, either Bruce has no background in EPR, or he so insincere that he would use the ludicrous label even though he knows better.

My hope is that his education is just rather narrow and focussed on relativity alone. Even there he does not seem to realize that in Einstein's General Relativity, spacetime distortion replaces the gravitational force of flat spacetime theories. That's the thing that he thinks I am mistaken about.

A little knowledge can be dangerous.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins