Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Physical Ambiguity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Nathan Hays on September 29, 2003 17:34:29 UTC

Bohmped to the top..

(attempting to add italics... If this doesn't work, can someone tell me how to do it?)

Physics is ambiguous about what is real beyond the reality of events.
But in [QED], particles are the only reality. Nothing else needs to exist.

Except state, dimension, and the nomological mandates of interaction, all of which are also part of the theoretical model. Moreover, QED calculates the superposition of possible paths for a particle. The probability wave function so derived describes the particle's existence between the pairs of events that form the endpoints of the wave function.

This still leaves the problems associated with wave collapse, the relationship between dimension and the wave function, and how a causal macro structure of the Universe can be derived from an acausal probability wave. I think the answers to the first and last of these lie in complexity theory, but I'm not sure of where the answers to the GR-QM relation springs from.

- sfn

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins