Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For Paul- Free Will And The Big E

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 25, 2003 11:39:51 UTC

Allow me to bring this quote from your post below to the top:

"In my view, human bodies, including the brains, are vehicles that are remotely operated by some more complex beings in higher dimensions, and the fact that the information available to the one-and-only consciousness at the (earth) time that a human body is being driven is severely limited to not much more than is stored locally in the brain, that it seems to the one-and-only consciousness that the consciousness inheres in the brain and that the human is an independently conscious entity complete with free will and the ability to apprehend qualia. This is an illusion as there is only and exactly one consciousness. "

You seem to be claiming that there is no free will, that the consciousness that controls our brain and body cannot make choices. Even if all is but one consciousness, why can that consciousness not make choices. After all in your scheme of things that consciousness is perceived by us as us and indeed it seems to be us.

If I understand you correctly, there is no separate consciousness in our brain. Therefore our consciousness is that of the remote conscious being(s). So do they have free will? And if they do, then we are rightfully conscious of that free will since that is the only consciousness that exists.

Or do I misinterprete you. Are there many consciousnesses with one big one driving the rest. But that cannot be as you explicitly said that there exists but one consciousness. So the question remains, does that consciousness have free will. And if it does, why shouldn't each of us be conscious of that free will.

Regarding the big E: I recently performed in the big E. We marched all over the place and gave several concerts. It was an estatic experience. However, I suspect that the previous use of big E on this forum was chemical rather than experiential based.

Richard

PS The big E is the New England Exposition held in Springfield MA every late summer.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins