Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Too Much Blah-blah-blah

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Just Dropping By on September 24, 2003 16:39:13 UTC

I seem to recall you saying that since "most of physics" follows from DoctorDick's "fundamental equation", new solutions to that equation can be found which would reveal new laws of physics. If memory serves me, I think you also implied that neither you nor Dick are smart enough to find those new solutions, that that should be done by new, adventurous, younger thinkers from the future.

Does anyone, including yourself, take that kind of balderdash seriously??????

Here's something equivalent to what you're saying:

DoctorDick is an amazing genius who discovered a way to translate any foreign book to English. He hasn't actually come up with a translating device yet (he leaves that for future generations), but he has proved to me that his method works. I have seen his translations of two foreign books and they look exactly the same as the ones in my local library! I'm completely in awe of his genius, and I can't understand why no one takes him seriously.

You have to excuse me if I don't have a lot of respect for your intelligence. I'm really sorry.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins