Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Probably Haven't

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on September 12, 2003 03:02:15 UTC

seen the posting of more than a year ago with regards to Dr. Dick's paper, although i may have skimmed a few.
i can understand why Dr. Dick and Harv enjoy conversing. the question of "how it can be that mathematics, a product of human thought independent of experience, is so admirably adapted to the objects of reality?" as posed by Einstein is one that is naturally of interest to both philosophers and physicists.
from my own perspective i find it far more interesting when Dr. Dick discusses his ideas rather than when he argues philosphy with Harv.
i'm open to the ideas put forth by Dr. Dick as well, but unlike you i have found him willing to converse with regard to the subject. the few times i've had responses from him i must admitt that i've come away with more questions than i originally started with. definitely plenty to think about.
regards, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins