Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are Some Parts Of Children's Intelligence Mature?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mikey Pearson on July 31, 2003 18:10:09 UTC

Hi.
Brought this up from below where I had misposted it.
I pose a question because you're on this theme.
It might be too difficult but it sounds as if you have some depth here and I wish to read more of your thought. Don't give away the store, in case you want to write a book, but how about a sample?

That was egarding these statements by Mike Levine:
"The great truth is that we know very little but think we know a lot.
"...any child is far more intelligent than any adult. Yet adults have something which children miserably lack, and that could be described as some sort of lack of self-confidence, some sort of nagging feeling about everything, some sort of existential melancholy even. Hence skepticism and cynicism, two bitter tastes you acquire when you grow up.
"As an adult however, I can't help appreciate what I am. When I compare my cynic self with the hopelessly self-confident child I once was, I think I'm much the better for having put away childish things"

Previously, in response to the following, you wrote the part in italics at http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/28482.shtml
I'm (not) quite the same person I was when I was eight years old in this life.

M.L.
It's too bad the kid died, for he seemed quite bright. Hopefully he carried little karma to his next life?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins