Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Response To Harv!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on July 27, 2003 15:20:37 UTC

Harv,

Once again, your response can be summarized by the phrase, you wish me to know that you are not interested in what I am talking about. If you have no interest in what I am talking about, you certainly cannot pretend to understand what I have said. If that is the case, why do you even bother reading my posts?

****Harv:
I'm not debating this issue at this time. For the sake of simplicity, let's take what you say as a given. This issue is not relevant to the point that I am trying to make.

You have already made your point long ago. Your point is clearly that you do not understand what I am talking about. I am aware of that and you should be aware of it by this time yourself.

You present a ridiculous problem and then attempt to discredit me by implying the ridiculous problem is something I am proposing. I am discussing the abstract issue of problem solving itself. The fact that the set of "all problems", in order to be complete, includes ridiculous problems has utterly nothing to do with my presentation.

I would gladly remove ridiculous problems from the set of "all problems" if you will give me an explicit mechanism which you can prove will eliminate ridiculous problems without removing a single problem which might not be ridiculous. If you cannot do so then stop throwing that trash into the mix.

If you are not interested in understanding, you are not interested. I am of the opinion that your true agenda is to do your best to make sure no one else thinks about the issue.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins