Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
…for They Shall See God.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Stanley on July 11, 2003 07:37:37 UTC

It amazes me that so many people fail to understand the the existance of God; the evidence (screams!) out for recognition. Query; what if I were to ask you to look out your window and prove that trees exist. Your response to this question would probably be that; you can see them or you can hear them rustling in the wind or maybe even, you can smell them. But, the body of your evidence to prove the existence of trees, would hinge on your own sensory gathering. So, how can one person truly believe what another person sees, hears or smells.

If someone says that God exists; the proof would be in examining what God is. If we agree with the premiss that God is perfect; then god must exist, because not to exist would be an im-perfection. Also, if we agree with the idea that humans are flawed; then there's no way we can experience God, because since God is perfect, we can not see perfection with flawed vision, we can not hear perfection with flawed hearing, we can not touch perfection with flawed tactility. Only if we had a new body, a glorified body, a (perfect) body; could we ever truly see God. Messianic teachings states that," the pure in heart shall see God"; that only those divorced of im-perfection will have true sight. So, I offer this truism," The absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence"; God exist not only in logic, but also in awareness.

Back to the trees. The trees exist not because you can see them or smell them. They exist because you are aware of the idea of them.

God exist because we are aware of the idea of God. The universe exist because we are aware of the idea of the universe. Existence isn't a state of being, but rather, a matter of understanding. I'm I real because you are reading this or because logic demands that you believe in the idea of me.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins