Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What's THAT Supposed To Mean?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Leesa on July 7, 2003 00:36:17 UTC

I thought you were 13. I knew you would bash me for my age. That's OK. It wouldn't matter if I were 212. You'd still get on my case for something. I wonder what you've done with your life so far? Discerning of genius? I didn't think I'd TRIED to discern genius yet.

I'll tell you who's a genius. Ben. Ben on the bus. We were bus buddies (college mate y'know) He was a genius. He didn't look like it - not many people on the bus do - but he was. He had a grasp on mathematics, chemistry, and biology that was bordering on prodigy - he was only 17! In fact, he was the only one who understood how upset I was when I didn't get 100% on my math tests. 99's not good enough, but most people didn't understand that. He did. He wouldn't high five me unless I got a hundred percent. He understood that there was no concievable reason he or I couldn't get a 100%. He usually had at least 100% in math, bio, and chem. If not more. He was an academic genius.

Shawna Smart is a genius. She was my teacher. She made it through a satanic occult worshipper stepfather, and being the "bad" teenager parents don't let their kids hang out with, to someone who had such a good grasp on light and truth. Religion and God. She loved the screwed up kids because she had been there, done that. She could love them when no one could. How do you love a druggie, bitter, angry child that hates the world and couldn't give a damn about you? She could. She understood everything about Christlike behaviour there was to understand. And she used it.

My history teacher (professor - I don't know, I called him a teacher)is a genius. He knew how to temper everything. He was a demanding SOB (and frequently reffered to himself in like terms) but at the same time, he cared about his students. He cared if they failed or aced. He was also politically perfect. He was the most conservative democrat I ever knew. He was the best of both worlds. He knew how to make you think. He had a way of causing that.

Robby is a genius. He figured out what no one ever did. He figured out that all people are inherently lonely and need a friend. He figured out that he could choose to be happy or misereable. He was the only person I ever met that could do that. He chose to be happy.

My sister, Linzi (who is also 18) is a genius. She can do anything if she wants to. She writes music like it's easy - good music too - she's already written a full-length novel. She knows how to push EXACTLY the right button to get what she wants out of people. If you met her you wouldn't think so. She used to be rawer so you could see what she was feeling. But now she understands that naivete gets her a lot farther along than logic. Most people (excluding her family and good friends) don't have a clue how smart she is. She sounds like a ditz. 24/7. But she's got a brain. My little brother's right behind her. He takes after her big time.

Well, that's it. Those are the only geniuses I can think of. Genius of different things but nonetheless, genius.

Lysithea

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins