Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dangerous And Wreckless...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on July 6, 2003 23:25:09 UTC

For even one soul to be lost and left for Satan to consume is a pitiful mistake and sorrowful short-coming on God's behalf.

God creates a soul without the wisdom to not be tricked by a the most cleverest of deceivers, and then lets him perish in flames for all of eternity as punishment for his "failing the test"...

...sounds wreckless and dangerous.

What if I wanted to test a two year old to see if he was obediant? I leave him out in the middle of a parking lot and tell him don't talk to strangers. He fails the test and is found weeks later in a ditch. "Serves him right," I say, "he didn't know how to listen."

...poor two year old. Two bad he didn't know the importance of my decree. Or worse yet, maybe he was a very smart two year old and understood perfectly well, but alas succombed to a clever trick pulled by some conning 30 year old. Wouldn't be too much a difficult feat for a grown person.

That's basically what we are in the hands of the devil. Naive two year olds with a bunch of prophets telling us what to do...

Then the devil had to be a mistake. War, crime, disease, famine ... hey my life isn't so bad, but look how other third-wolders are subjected to life's "test".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins