Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Need Not Be A Problem

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on July 5, 2003 21:37:43 UTC

philosophically or physically.
the probabliblity that a man could walk on water is astronomicaly low but to do so would not require that man to transcend/ break/ ignore physical laws. looking at the situation from a quantum mechanical perspective one should conclude that the feat is possible albeit highly improbable.
let us suppose that God is omni-good, well what meaning would that concept have if evil did not exist? in other words we can't blame God for evil, if He is to be good (as most of us would wish Him to be) then evil must exist elsewise how would we percieve His goodness.
from my own perspective i do not see where God does not stop evil when it occurs. it may take time but the trend that my experience has shown me is that the universe seems to be constructed in such a way that evil doesn't work so well as say an act of benevolence for example.

tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins