Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's One Thing That Boggles My Mind.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Leesa on July 6, 2003 20:51:07 UTC

The whole Satan thing. The thing is, there's the plan right? We're all supposed to be going back to God's prescence right? But we needed a trial. We also needed physical bodies. That's why we have evil in the world. To help us see the good right? To help us discern what is good and what is evil right? So you're all on the same train of thought with me here 'K?

Now, Lucifer is the devil. But he was originally like us. A spirit. Living in God's prescence until God cast him out. Then he gets all bent out of shape and decides he's gonna tempt us so we'll be misearable like him and yadda yadda yadda. (You'd think after a few eons the guy would let go of a grudge, but oh no...) Anyway, the question is, is Satan a needed part of the plan, or is he a mistake? A wayward spirit that wasn't part of God's plan in the first place? Did God need a devil to tempt and try us, or are we rowing uphill against the odds with a guy that never got the vail, is way more clever than we are, and just wants us to fail? What do you think?

Lysithea

p.s. I have NEVER been able to come up with a complete response to this question, neither have I been able to get one from anyone else.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins