Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So You Admit That There Are Supernatural Beings

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 3, 2003 03:49:34 UTC

They are just not like those of christianity. This seems to contradict evrything you have said in prior posts. You are very confusing.

You also say and I quote, "The big bang theory which assumes the beginning and eventual end of the universe " This is not modern science. The big bang theory does not assume the end of the universe. Before you go marketing Buddhism as compatible with modern science, you had better learn some.

Today on this forum we read that Islam, in particular the Quran predicts that the universe is expanding. Does Buddhism make that prediction. Are you guys in competition to be most agreeable with science.

Why do religions always try to be in agreement with science? It seems to me that you all are just trying to say that my religion is better than yours. Why can't you all admit that all religions come from the same source? The differences are just human distortions of the same messages.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins