Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Was A Sillly Reply, But Not Very Informative Or Fun

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 7, 2003 01:20:20 UTC

And apparently you can't answer those questions off the top of your head. At your age, I couldn't either. It wasn't 'til I was 19 that I discovered that particular chart in an ordinary college astronomy text. That year I also read
Carl Sagan's first popular book, The Cosmic Connection. And I could carry on a conversation about it. If you really are 18, that explains your inappropriate excoriation of me and boot-licking of Yanniru. I was probably in awe of
resume's like his back then too. But Yanniru and I have been talking for more than 18 months
and he's been all too impressed with his titles
too -- rather than with the territory he has covered with his reading and thinking.
By the way, what are some worthwhile books You have read about physics and astronomy and the meaning of life generally? Name 10 and I'll name 10.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins