Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fundies Are To Science Nerds What Fat Girls Are To Playboys.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bud Bock on July 1, 2003 19:23:16 UTC

It certainly doesn't mean Hugh Hefner's gay if a fat chick doesn't turn his head.

I appreciate people like Harvey who seem to be extremely smart yet not entirely averse to religion. It's super to find opposing yet intelligent viewpoints on topics like Christianity. You seem to notice these folks aren't fundamentalists in their views of Christianity, as they don't tout "it's" accuracy (should be " its ". For some reason that particular grammatical error makes me cringe more than the other 14 you committed), yet they find and identify the wisdom and idealism in Jesus' and others' teachings.

I think Christianity is a modern mythology. Maybe a lot of science weirdos (like me) seem to you to be picking on Christianity because it is our culture's dominant religion. I, and others, would treat all religions much the same - as mythologies, but if I'm going to find a Christian's philosophy compelling, frankly the Harvey-types are much more powerful spokespersons for a belief than the fundamental-types.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins