Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hey! I've Tried To Keep It At A Minimum.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Leesa on July 1, 2003 20:13:40 UTC

Look. Are we talkin' fat like : "I like her for her - not because she's FAT LIKE CINDY CRAWFORD." [emphasis added]

Or are we talkin': "Would you look at THAT BUTT! Her butt's SOOOOOO big!" *said in a disparaging and insulting way*

Which leads me to another tangent on fat bottomed girls started by Queen in the '70s.

But enough chit chat. Touche! Draw your sword you scalawag! And I MUST say, with a sword like that, you'll lose...

You think I'm a fundamentalist??? Why am I not surprised. I go to work and they think I'm a goodie two shoes for not being "normal" (normal being I get drunk and go do it every weekend - not normal like, sane normal) and then I go to Institute (a religious class) and they think I'm going straight to Hell in a handbasket. Hmm. This would indicate a natural response to someone who is not like either of them. Either that or a need to change - which just ain't happenin' so I'm sticking with my first story.

Look. Let's look at the reality of the situation shall we? You got your hard-core-comet-huggin'-nuts, and you got your "Oh my gosh! (Gosh being the ruler of Mergatroid, opposite of Heck, ruled by the prince of insufficient light) How could you say that this world's been around for 4 billion years? When it CLEARLY states in the Holy Bible that God made Adam in like, 4000 B.C.!" (Don't even get me started on the Big Bang. I mentioned it in Institute class and it was BLASPHEMY!)

Point is, that's not the point. It DOESN'T - I reapeat - DOES NOT matter when it happened. It doesn't matter how it happened. So often in religion we get sidetracked by the who-said-what-when-and-how-accurate-can-THAT-be-ness
of human nature. This is not a court of law. God does not work by commitee. God works in mysterious ways - but it's only mysterious to us because we're too stupid to figure it out!

Look, light is truth. It's accuracy. When you think clearly, you think with the lightbulb ON. When you see things clearly, you see it in the light. God wants us to be happy. He wants us to return to him. He wants us to have what he has: Understanding, knowledge, truth. The adversary wants us to fail. He wants us to be misereable like unto himself. Religion and Science are the same thing. Problem is, most people can't see it that way. You got your religionists and your scientists. But there is only good and evil. The quest is happiness. How hard is that?

I just don't understand. And maybe....I don't want to.

Lysithea

p.s. My religion's not big on stuff like that - although it does teach it, so if you think I'm crazy? Great. My faith's not. It merely has a mortal spokesperson on this forum.

p.p.s. Can something be good AND evil? If so, I hold that The Simpson's fall into this category.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins