Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Is A Great And Important Criticism, Not "slight"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Not On Your Life on June 19, 2003 13:25:02 UTC

"I saw the Discovery channel my note: (Walking with Cavemen)show for the first time last night. Very, very good. My only criticism, and it is a slight one, is that it communicated a sense of meaninglessness to human existence, and I am strongly against that portrayal of evolutionary theory."

In the preview, which was all I saw, a few things stuck out. Will you tell me if, in your opinion, this was borne out in the whole program?

It seemed to me the producers lacked empathy and appreciation for the depth of mental experiences which other persons may have. They apparently considered our ancestors "objects" rather than deep beings. The show's producers apparently had nobody on their staff who cared about these people as intelligent, loving beings. They dictated this highly speculative content with mojo of authority, and clinically like the show was done by a priesthood of modernism which has a secret source of authority and insight, but which does not actually deliver in this most important area (which you identified)... in much the same spirit as Yanniru has evaluated my posts here on this forum!
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins