Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yet Another Opinion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Brook on June 26, 2003 14:28:26 UTC

" Your perception proves nothing. My perception proves nothing. But math is not based on perception. "

If I may be allowed to drop in the middle of an ongoing conversation, I'd like to point out the fact that it's actually perceptions that prove anything that can be proved. That is true for villa-lobos, you, me, and everyone else.

I don't know anything about black holes, but I know that a correct mathematical description of a natural phenomenom is no proof that the phenomenom actually occurs in nature. If things were so, experimentalism would have no place in physics, unless you think the only thing experimenters do is look for logical flaws in a theory.

Isn't there a fellow around here who used to make exactly such a claim?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins