Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Harv Took The Wimpy Way Out!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on June 17, 2003 01:52:01 UTC

Just messin Harv ; )

Good answer (the whole try to take 'em out thing) but Mario was right. You dodged the underlying issue, so lets reduce it to what Mario said:

Is it OK to take the life of an innocent person to save the lives of many?

I think a certain fighter pilot made that choice on 9/11. I may offend a few people so I do appologize, but I don't believe that it was a handfull of brave men that crashed the plane into the ground out in that filed (somewhere near philidelphia). But the story did do a lot of good: it made a few heros, it consoled the hearts of the lovedones (of the heros that brought the plane down), and saved Bush's neck (from public condemnation and all the moral problems inherent in killing a few innocents for the good of many innocents). That's just my opinion ... nonetheless, Bush is justified and so is the fighter pilot if that's truly the case.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins