Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hear, Hear

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 13, 2003 13:42:44 UTC

Harv,

Just after I apologize for attempting to combine religion with known science, in a post below, in response to your view that this is a negative aspect of religion, I read the above post in which you do exactly that. Applause...

I of course also believe in all that you have said, including guided evolution, and the symmetry of creation and re-creation.

I would be inclined to throw in reincarnation as a form of spiritual/physical re-creation and soul evolution. And I would be inclined to illustrate universal re-creation using the Black Hole creation process of Smolin. I imagine that the good spirits of this universe gather in supermassive black holes to become gods of the baby universes. But do not make that into dogma. It may be just a mechanistic metaphor.

The scientific gems of scripture include the Bagavatum description of the creation of a sequence of universes out of a cosmic egg (e.g., the black hole) each being the size of a mustard seed. So based on the recommendation of Moses (in the Talmud) to look for the underlying principles that unite the contradictions of laws or commandments, I propose that a synthesis of all scripture with known science gives us a metaphor worth believing in. But not a dogma- for science of the unknown is apt to change.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins