Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
As Far As I Can See

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 15, 2003 05:14:55 UTC

as far as I can see: human beings have a natural ability to know what each other is thinking.

Logic: how to understand race relations? Know history of the races.

How understand geology of Earth? Know history of changes in rocks etc. seems to help a lot.

How understand all kinds of things? Knowing the past reveals how the present got here?

People: how does one individual understand where he/ she came from; where he/ she going?

Know their history as they experienced it.

astonishing phenomenon?: people forgetting first 4 years of their life.

What would you make of it if say one people in a country had no recollection of how they fitted in to the country's history; and had to rely on second-hand versions from others? Is that reliable? ?

Around 1983 I re-discovered my own experience of events when I was only a day old or so. Wonder how to do that?

Ingredients were: safe environment: if you know someone to bounce thoughts off who will not squash you; that helps reduce fear surrounding deep past. Non-repression: I had been taught in primary school the idea of quietening the internal chatter-box of verbalised thinking and just listening to whatever sounds one can hear.

Years later, in 1982/3/4; I decided to let my mind wander freeely; getting better at allowing whatever images etc. wanted to occur to occur.

I got better at quitening the internal chatterbox.

I investigated the process of "falling asleep" (dangerous: you may become so "self-conscious" it becomes hard to become "unconscious" (fall aleep).
One night in a neither awake-nor-asleep state I experienced a "noise" in my head like a screaming jet engine. As I was in a state like "lucid dreaming (where people become aware they are dreaming while they are dreaming) I had say 5% corner of daytime consciousness active still in the state I was; so I slowed the noise down.

As the pitch reduced it became evident a high speed sound track of my life was what the noise was. It may have been running at 3 years data per second but I slowed it to the stage I could tell it was speeded up audio. I slowed it further and a "picture track" came out; slowing further I could tell it was like a high speed movie of visual sense data from my past.

I slowed it further: started to get detail: felt it tended to be too dangerous to see exactly what the detail was: I then woke up. From that day I knew all sense-data and all thoughts and feelings I ever had are in me; total recall is possible.

There is scientific backing for what I found: Oliver Sacks (neurologist) concluded after working with certain neurology patients who seemed frozen in the year 1945 that highly detailed bits of recall that occurred to them indicated all data is in there. The merging of sound and picture data is reflected in somethoing scientists call "synathesia" I gather.

I carried out an investigation of curious phenomena inside myself; walking where few might dare to go. Knowing that there is no such thing as "crazy" is useful when doing this (see www.szasz.com). I wrote down my dreams, wrote down all I could recall from early years. I discovered I could have amazing sensations like feeling, in a sleep-wake boundary state, as if I was floating.

I figured out that one's brain can re-create sense experiences as if they are real. This is easy to demonstrate: listen to certain kinds of sound all day (like go to a Highland Games and hear bagpipes all day) and you will find in quiet surroundings later you can hear that sound as if it is really out there.

Words like "hallucination" are foolish as they imply a mistake or confusion: in reality you can hear a music CD playing and know it is a CD and not a live band: similarly you can experience a sense experience realistically recreated by the brain and know that is what it is.

I discovered that: you know how when you get nostalgic or think about a past event: you get brief glimpses of images, sounds, feelings from that time: that you know are extremely accurate, as like you are back then; but only brief?

I got such that these glimpses were not so brief; I could have a wider experience; I got to where I could see a possibility of no barriers inside me to re-integrating my whole being throughout my history.

Anyone could get to that edge of total recall.

What helps is practising internal non-repression: do not deny anything you ever felt, thought or experienced; no matter how silly it may seem from you-at-another-age. This way adult censorship of "silly" baby perspectives can melt; they may not be so silly either.

Telepathy?

I recalled an incident when, as a newborn baby; I and my twin brother found ourselves separated from our mother (as custom of the time I guess).

I cried with intensity as if a sword had pierced me; I also wondered why no-one seemed to see my spirit. My twin and I apparently could know everything each other was thinking.

Finding the world had gone all wrong, I tended to die; but didn't. Now what? My spirit felt larger than my baby body, as big even as my future adult body. I hesitated to "change spirit-body co-ordination" as my twin would see straight through such a state; he hesitated too.

In the end we both did it (something that it appears most everyone does shortly after birth).

Did what? My spirit, instead of transcending my body (I actually considered teleporting back to my mother (It looks that teleportation is a natural human ability) my spirit seemed to enter my body and become condensed to a small region somewhere behing my eyes.

During this transition I saw my future, right up till....?

From this moment I had lost full "telepathic awareness" of my twin. It seems from then on, under immense pressure from the outside world, I seem to have constructed an elaborate act to cope in a world of actors.

It seems to me that everybody is like "Trueman" on the "Trueman Show", and everybody is in the audience too. Everyone in the world it appears is putting on an act so comprehensive they have long forgotten they are acting.

But newborn babies can see.

There is a "space" where everything is known, all is revealed; we are capable of re-connecting to that space. Internet and mobile phones are like a simulation of a capability that is already built in to us.

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins