Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The "Designed" & The "Unexaminable" Pipelines Are Different

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on June 9, 2003 15:16:06 UTC

Hi Yanniru,

I agree with you that Tim's synopsis is accurate. But you are making a mistake by confusing the "pipeline", which Tim has correctly characterized as "an analytic pipeline", with the "pipeline" that presents to your consciousness information about reality. Those two are vastly different.

The pipeline presenting information to your consciousness has mysterious and complex biological processes that convert physical manifestations into phenomena. Some of this pipeline is examinable, but ultimately, it cannot be completely examined.

Dick's "analytic pipeline", on the other hand, is simply an abstract mathematical method of displaying, or presenting, any set of information in a particular way. The method is completely specified, so the entire pipeline can be examined.

The surprising discovery that Dick made is that by using his "analytic pipeline", or "model", the resulting phenomena, i.e. the picture apprehended by our consciousness, is consistent with the picture presented by the enigmatic biological pipeline, viz. your senses and nervous system.

Dick will be visiting in Russia for a few weeks, so I thought I'd step in and try to clear up some confusion if I can.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins