Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well Then Is Our Defeat And Demise Inevitable?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on June 5, 2003 01:40:16 UTC

Anti-American sentiment will continue to rise as we get more and more powerful and oppress more and more nations (with sanctions, unfair regulations, foreign policy, unilatteralism, etc.). We can't watch everybody all the time, and so somebody is bound to nuke us (or do the equivilant/greater damage with bio-warfare) sooner or later. Perhaps the "prostitute that sits on many waters" and "Great Babylon" (an indirect reference to the worlds greatest, most powerful, and influential nation of all time in revelation) will be "turned on by all of her former friends" (once again, from the Book of Revelations).

France used to be our friend. Who knows, it looks like our strained relations are being repaired. But how long can we go on being the world's police force and government? We may be able to kick any nations a$$ but can we fight them all? Can we watch 6 billion people day after day forever, and thwart every effort to bomb, poison, sabotage, etc., the US. I wouldn't give the CIA that much credit, and although it's far less than 6 billion that hate us, the numbers are steadily rising.

Is our fate the same as that of Rome's? How long can an empire deceive so many other nations to allow us to have "diplomatic" (I prefer push around under threat of force, economic sanctions, or alienation) relations with them? I guess I, being an American, should have no problem with America's foreign policy, afterall American Imperialism only adds to my overall wealth and quality of life. And plus if we don't "play the game to win", somebody else will, so I guess we don't have a choice but to do what we're doing.

Try reading revelation and replace the word Babylon with America. "Kings of the Earth" would be other nations, and "prostitue on many waters" would be symbolic of American interests. "Kings commiting adultery with the prostitute" would symbolize the nations that can capitalize on allied cooperation with American political interests (like Great Britain) and economnic invetments. It's pretty interesting, and the book being very short, takes only a few minutes to read.

World War III is going to be when the most powerful nation in the world is turned on by several lesser nations at once.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins