Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry To Be A Source Of Controversy!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on June 4, 2003 17:03:04 UTC

Hi Guys,

You know when you don't look at Astronomy.net for a while the cookie loses your login. When you lose your login, you lose the hidden stuff - it all comes back. When that happened to me I was quite surprised to see Harv's rather self serving comments and felt I should make a response just as a public defense.

Harv: ( as written in http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/27159.shtml )
If anyone needed further evidence of the type of immaturity that we are dealing with, this should be convincing enough. Translation: Agree with Dick or he will excommunicate you. Good thing this guy is not a kind of Saddam Hussein of earth, I fear that we would all be required to learn his model and disloyalty would be severly punished.

I'm happy that I've been 'excommunicated', now I can just address my comments to those who Dick would like to make his cult members.

It was not my decision to hide Harv; he requested that I do so. See his entry "Please Do"

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/27152.shtml?

I presumed he would just prefer to talk behind my back and didn't want me reading his stuff!

I have only hidden three people! I hid Harv because he told me to. I hid Bruce because he just plain lies and I get tired of seeing it. (Any of you people who don't check him out are getting some off the wall information. For example the suggestion that my work does not yield precession of Mercury's orbit is a simple out and out uninformed lie! Only one of many.)

Now, "Whomi" I hid for a very simple reason. I have no argument with him at all. I simply seldom understand what it is that he is trying to say and he posts quite a little. Very little of what he posts is directed to me. His biggest problem is how people respond to him and he receives a lot of unearned flack. The flack is even less interesting to read than his posts. Hiding him clears a lot of useless trash on the forum. If he wants to say anything directly to me, he has my e-mail address. I sincerely hope he does not take my move as an insult as it is not intended to be one.

And Harv, being hidden is not "excommunication". It is a freedom to speak without fear of interference from me. I would not have hidden you had you not explicitly asked me to do so, I just presumed you would rather not deal with my comments and would prefer I not read your stuff. I have enjoyed many of your posts and I think you have a lot of interesting things to say. Our differences are very simple, you just don't think my perspective is interesting enough to think about. I am not upset with you at all as your position is quite common; there are very few people who have any interest in it.

Sorry, but I am now logged in and cannot see what I have hidden.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins