Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
New Tools For Forum

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Forum Master on May 21, 2003 00:35:40 UTC

Okay folks,

I added two tools that you might find useful.

First, near the top of this message you should see a link to "hide admin"

Click this and you will never ever see my posts again. Plus, any threads beneath me are also removed from the thread tree. Very very powerful so use with care. If you screw up and set someone by mistake, email me and I will remove the problematic entry from the database, but please BE CAREFUL with your choices as I will not be available very quickly to fix issues. Eventually I will have a user system to allow you to modify. For now, it is a one way system.

Second, I created a squelch system. For those of you who know CB or Hamradio you already know what this implies. In this forum, raising the squelch raises the length of post you allow to see on your forum main thread screen. This directly affects the query to the database so, like above, this will remove whole threads that are children of messages not long enough to pass the "squelch."

The squelch values are sort of log like in that the higher the number, the much longer the post needs to be to show up. I could have made the max squelch value 10, but like my amps, this squelch goes to ELEVEN.

This is all an effort to allow the viewer more control over what he/she sees.

It's a beginning. I hope you like it.

John

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins