Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Missing The Trees For The Forest

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on May 9, 2003 16:44:10 UTC

Harv and Richard,

" The biggest possibility, I think, is that our laws of physics is based on the conceptual schemes we use to construct them "

I think both of you are failing to see something extremely simple and, to me at least, extremely obvious. The "laws of physics" include the fact that when you add one apple and another apple, you get two apples. Now nodoby seems to be surprised when they learn that the procedure you use to add apples can also be used to add any other kind of fruit. Harv's statement above is akin to someone being mystified by exactly the same fact. It's not "a possibility", it's exactly how it works!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins